Strawberry Lemon Chia Pudding Recipe
Getting up early is hard I know, but let me tell you, with this breakfast waiting for you in the fridge, it will be so much easier:
high protein, low calories, healthy ingredients, dreamy consistency and it tastes like dessert! It contains everything needed for a healthy start into the day: healthy fats from the chia seeds, protein from the quark, vitamin C from the lemon, and a sugar boost from the fructose in the strawberries. Furthermore, it will boost your mood, because: who doesn’t love dessert for breakfast?
A fast, easy, healthy, and delicious breakfast! This recipe literally takes 5 minutes until it is done! If you think you don’t like the consistency of chia Pudding in general, trust me, this one you will love! Furthermore, one can hardly prepare a breakfast as beautifully as this one. A feast for the eyes!
250 g low fat quark/ curd cheese
150 ml water
30 g chia
150 g strawberries
75 g erythritol
Use sugar, honey or syrup to sweeten the mixture
Exchange water with milk for higher calories and higher protein
In some countries quark/ curd cheese might not be available, replace it with the thickest greek yogurt you can find and reduce the used liquid a little bit.
Step by Step Recipe
- Mix the water and the quark until foamy
- Add the chia seeds and the erythritol and stir until well combined
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest
- Cut strawberries into bite-sized chunks
- Add to the mixture
- Fill in glasses and leave in the fridge overnight
- As a quick breakfast
- As a pre or post-workout snack
- As a healthy dessert
- As a snack whenever your sweet tooth hits
- Choose toppings of your liking: berries, granola, chocolate, honey, nuts, etc.
Macros (2 servings)
Calories: 331 cal + 48 cal (strawberries)
- loaded with antioxidants
- high in fiber
- high in quality protein
- high in Omega- 3 fatty acids, which keep you fuller for longer
- may lower your risk of heart disease
- good source of vitamin C
- aid digestion
- support weight loss
- improve skin quality
- good source of vitamin C, manganese, folate (vitamin B9) and potassium
- loaded with beneficial antioxidants as pelargonidin and ellagic acid
- low in fat
- high in protein
- high in calcium
- contains a good amount of vitamin A and B
Let me know if you enjoyed this delicious breakfast and what your favorite version is.
To a healthy and wonderful start to the day!