Zirbenlikör/ Zirbenschnaps/ Pineliquer
I see you are interested in creating your own homemade pine liqueur? Well that is great, because you only need very little ingredients and being able to offer your guests a homemade liqueur is kind of fancy, right? You also might be surprised by its potential health benefits. It also serves perfectly as a present!
750 ml Korn
75 grams white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Harvest 3 fresh pinecones between June and July
- Cut pinecones into small pieces/ slices
- Chose a neutral alcohol like “Korn” as a base for your liqueur
- Pour de liqueur in a container that is big enough
- Add Korn and sliced pines and stir
- Add white sugar and vanilla extract and stir
- Leave container on the windowsill for 2 weeks
- Shake several times a week so that the healing and beneficial substances of the pine pass into the alcohol
- After 2 weeks, put the pine liqueur into a dark spot and let the flavors develop for another 6 weeks
- The longer you leave the pines in the Korn the more resinous/nutty it becomes
- Filter your Zirbenschnaps with the help of a coffee filter. Instead of a coffee filter you can also filter through a cotton cloth.
Potential Health Benefits
Colds are particularly frequent and annoying in autumn and winter. Due to the essential oils it contains, Swiss stone pine liqueur can be used as a natural remedy for colds, asthma and respiratory problems.
To alleviate pain in joints, Zirben (Pine)-Liqueur can be helpful. Gently rubbed into the skin the essential oils have an effect on the painful area. The natural remedy can also accelerate the regeneration process of the muscles.