Have Yourself a Healthy Little Christmas
Let your heart be light! From now on our troubles will be out of sight! Because now there is no more missing out, even if you´re trying to eat in a deficit (or at least not a surplus around Christmas time) or just if you prefer lighter alternatives. You can easily fit these Christmas cookies into your diet, as they taste delicious and have great macros as well!
Just because I´m sharing a healthier cookie recipe with lower calories and higher in protein, doesn´t mean you shouldn´t have any other traditional Christmas cookies. It is just nice to have a healthier alternative every now and then. One can almost not believe that this is a healthier alternative. They taste stunningly delicious but are not quite as crunchy as the traditional alternative.
Curious? Let´s bake!
(makes 25 cookies)
60 g smooth Flour
40 g Vanilla Protein Powder
100 g Lean Curd Cheese/ Quark/ Topfen
70g Xylitol or Sugar
110 g Butter (warm)
1 pack Vanilla Pudding Powder
A handful of chocolate chips (optional)
(for Xylitol Version)
Calories per Cookie: around 60
Protein per Cookie: 2g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg white until stiff
- Mix warm (not melted) butter with the egg yolk until combined
- Add all other ingredients (except the the beaten egg whites and the chocolate chips)
- Fold in the beaten egg whites
- Cool for 10 minutes in the fridge
- Form small piles with a teaspoon on a baking sheet
- Top it off with a few chocolate chips (optional)
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown
What is your favorite Christmas Cookie? Please leave a comment down below and let me know!
With Pre-Christmassy Love,
These cookies sound amazing! I will definetely try them.. They sound way to good to just eat them around Christmas time!!
Comments are closed.