Ho Ho Ho!
… and Fa-la-la-la-la! Christmas comes early this year and with it some lovely cookie recipes.
There is just something about Christmas Time that warms my heart and makes me happy inside (besides freezing all the time). It is not only the snow, Christmas songs and movies, the peace, friends and family but of course also delicious Christmas cookies and mulled wine. This time I want to share one out of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes with you, and the greatest part of it is, that you only need 4 ingredients. A dream, I know! A delicious coconut snow dream!
Why coconut kisses you are asking me? Well, this is simply translated from German into English as we call them “Kokosbusserl” in German which is a word from Tyrolean dialect and a kind of belittlement for coconut kiss. However, you can also call them snow-balls, snow kisses or whatever floats your boat.
(makes around 20 cookies)
3 Egg Whites
150 g Powdered Sugar
200 g Grated Coconut
1/2 Lemon (Zests & Juice)
70 calories per cookie
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Beat the egg white until very firm
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until creamy
- Fold the grated coconut in
- Add the juice and the zest of half a lemon
- Use a teaspoon to form small coconut piles on a baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown
- Sprinkle a little bit of powdered sugar on the coconut cookies to make them look like little snowballs
What is your favorite Christmas Cookie? Please leave a comment down below and let me know!
With Pre-Christmassy Love,