All I want for Christmas is you!
.. and some delicious crunchy Christmas cookies, a mug of mulled wine, a crackling fireplace and a sparkling Christmas tree.
Yes I know, I have convincing arguments here!
400 g smooth Flour
160 g Powdered Sugar
150 g Butter (cold)
1 pack Vanilla Sugar
1 Lemon (Zests & Juice)
100g are around 480 calories
1 cookie is around 50 calories (depending on the size)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Roll the butter block in some flour
- Grate the floured butter with a cheese grater
- Add all other ingredients
- Knead the dough until a homogeneous mass is formed
- Cover the dough with foil or roll it into a ball and wrap it in foil
- The dough must be kept in the refrigerator for at least one hour until it becomes firm
- After one hour you can take the dough out of the fridge, cut off a piece and leave the rest in the fridge
- The cut piece must now be kneaded briefly and rolled out with a rolling pin (not too thin, around half a cm is good)
- Now use your favorite cookie cutters in the shape of stars, hearts or Christmas trees, whatever your heart desires
- I like to use some bigger forms so I can fill some of them with jam afterwards
- Put the cookies on a baking tray and bake for around 10 minutes
- Watch out! These cookies shouldn´t become brown or dark at all
- Give the cookies time to cool, only then they get their crispy consistency!
- Enjoy! Ho Ho Ho!
What is your favorite Christmas Cookie? Please leave a comment down below and let me know!
With Pre-Christmassy Love,